Saturday, October 29, 2011

Belts, Bunk Beds, and Is That Chocolate You’re Wearing?


I keep thinking that I need to set some kind of goal for how often I should post on this little blog.

That way I will have an objective measurement with which to flagellate myself. 

And yes, I totally had to Google how to spell flagellate.

But, in the wise words of a heck-of-a-lot of Pinterest users…

“It is what it is.”

So here’s a completely flog-free update…

We had a big night at Tae Kwon Do... 

Grace and Aiden earned their High Orange belts 

  

and I learned that I have been saying 
              Tae Kwon Do
like an idiot for about 8 months.
(More on that later.)
                                                      
They have been taking from Master Bennett since last March.  He is such an amazing and gifted teacher.  It is extraordinary to watch Master Bennett teach a room full of students, all of different ages and at different levels.

He has a gift for sensing just how much to expect from each student.  He will push them to stretch and achieve but not so far that they become frustrated.

                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Plus it’s waaay cool to watch him break like 7 slabs of wood  with his foot. 




We’ve coerced our friends to take class with us.  Braden and Kari earned their Orange belts! 

Their mom Jill and I have been taking class too.  There are no pictures of this. 


But let me assure you…don’t piss Jill off.  She could totally spin kick you in the head.  

Oh, and turns out…  I, along with Oxford and Webster and all us other English speaking know-it-alls have been pronouncing our Korean incorrectly.  Oddly enough, Tae Kwon Do is pronounced 

Tae (rhymes with say)   KWON  do (sounds like dough.)  
 NOT     Tie       Kwon     DOUGH.  

Don’t even ask me how to say kick.

Next up, the great migration of 2011.  Hopefully it will be complete by 2012.  We have shuffled just about everyone’s rooms.  After much debate Grace and Aiden decided they want to share the big downstairs bedroom.  How cool is that?  So we got some bunk beds!

 


They are loving it! 
 

  





      


They are so cute together. They really are each others best friend.  Makes me a very thankful Momma.
 
Another thing that makes me a thankful Momma is that now Ethan is sleeping in Aiden’s old bedroom.  Thanks to our friend Jill (you know, spin-kicking Jill) for loaning us a crib.  He now…

Sleeps Through The Night.

Can I get a Hallelujah?

Currently that is as far as the shuffling has gotten.  Eventually the idea is to move the library up into Grace’s old room and make the now-library into an exercise room.

Eventually.


And speaking of Ethan... 
He is 8 months old now.   I like to call him Squishy.


Click here for Squishy reference…



I worried and debated quite a lot about stopping the breast feeding thing (see “flagellate” above).  But, ya know, babies receive all of momma’s good antibodies and stuff by the age of six months and well…



there’s chocolate.



Completely for the antioxidants of course. 

We only give him DARK chocolate.
What kind of a joint do you think we’re runnin’ here?

No comments: